Plenty of medical instruments help to know about the working of the human body and determining several if there is anything wrong. Some basic instruments are a thermometer, Stethoscopes, Blood pressure, and glucose checking meter. These are widely used to find some basic issues by physicians mainly. You may have seen that Stethoscopes are of two types, mainly these days, analogous and Electric.
Both are the same in working, and accuracy is similar because they are just helping you listen to what’s going on inside a person. Listening sound produced in someone’s body is connected with the heart and lungs mainly.
In modern days, the majority of stethoscopes are binaural. There are two flexible rubber tubes which are going to run from the valve to the earpieces. These tubes connect to a chest piece. You can recognize it with a single glare.
A good quality chest piece helps to get the lowest frequency response. Measuring heart rhythms, murmurs, lower frequencies, and abnormal heart sound help treating with ease. Moving air through lungs is easy to listen to, which determines whether the lungs are clear or not.
When students practice for the medical field, they are shown an example of how a clear chest sounds like and how an abnormal heart sounds like. Detecting abnormal stuff is easy with the help of stethoscopes.
Buying a quality stethoscope is very easy in India due to its huge variety. Using an electric stethoscope can provide you several advantages, and some of them are Enhanced frequency range, Amplified sound output, Record and replay capabilities, Ambient noise reduction, Visual display (some models), and Reduced time needed to get an accurate reading.
It doesn’t matter which type of stethoscopes you are chasing after. Choosing the best one might be a hard thing. That’s why we are here with a list of top 10 stethoscopes that are reliable, easy to use, and they offer the best frequency response. Before that, let’s have a look at factors that you should consider during the purchase of your first stethoscope.
What you should know before buying your first stethoscope?
If you are going to buy a stethoscope and don’t know that which one will suit your need then you should consider the type, manufacturer and quality factor before anything else below mentioned are the three type of stethoscopes all the way to the need.
Let’s get started by having a close look at each type and their specification
- Acoustic stethoscope – Generally, these stethoscopes are known as basic or classic ones. The two Different diameters help to catch different frequencies the smaller side (a bell) captures low frequencies on the other side other diaphragm capture high frequencies. Normally acoustic stethoscope caught limited sound unlike electronic once.
- Electronic stethoscopes – these stethoscopes are more high-tech than the others. It helps professionals to hear the small details. There are many features that can be more helpful, like Bluetooth, which can help to track the records of patients more like record keeping. One of the key features among electronic stethoscope is that they offered a better frequency range and amplified the sound output. Such features come in handy for medical students.
- Littmann stethoscopes – Littmann stethoscopes are designed by dr. David Littmann, a professor at Harvard School of medicine. These stethoscopes are used to catch both the high and low frequencies on the chest piece. It works according to the pressure applied; you will hear lower nerve frequencies with light pressure, and on the side, if you are pressing a bit harder than listening to lower frequencies will be an easier thing.
After considering these types, you have to focus on your needs to grab the best one among these. Apart from types, below mentioned are some basic factors to look after
- Always consider a reputed manufacturer when you are buying a stethoscope. Over the past two decades, the demand for stethoscopes increased by a significant amount, and many cheap quality manufacturers took their rise. So, always go for a genuine brand.
- Learning about frequency response is an important factor that will help you grab the best deal without any issue. If you are a medical student or a doctor, it is sure that you know how much lower frequencies matter. That’s why to keep this factor before anything else because this factor help examines a patient without any issue.
- Reviewing some of the genuine and widely used products will help you decide which one is best among them. As far we know, widely sold stethoscopes are highly reliable, and they offer some great quality features with higher durability so you can consider them without having a single issue.
So, it is a one-time investment, and you should be careful because these are quite expensive, and you are going to use a stethoscope to examine patients. As we made a list of top 10 stethoscopes based on their types and reliability factor, you can also do the same using this buying guide. Before wasting any time, let’s hop on to our top 10 stethoscopes and learn about the best one.
“Bonus Tip – Frequency response is the key factor to consider, and cheap quality stethoscopes hide such things and mentioned “higher response to lower frequency” and such other labels. Make sure to be selective and consider such factors before grabbing any deal. Don’t rush for affordable; look after what type of work you have.”
Best Buy Stethoscopes Online in India
As we told, huge research took us to this list of top 10 products; we are sure that you are going to love our suggestions. The list is all about stethoscopes, which are versatile and flexible in choosing for anyone. From learners to professional doctors, these products are definitely going to come in handy. Let’s get started by having a look at our top pick of choice
1. IndoSurgicals Silvery II-SS Stethoscope (Blue)
IndoSurgicals is a reputed manufacturer of Stethoscopes known for its quality features at an affordable price point, which made us choose them over others. IndoSurgicals Silvery II-SS Stethoscope (Blue) is not only an affordable product, but it is genuine inbuilt Quality to fulfill all the basic needs that you might expect from a product.
There are plenty of colors offered by the same to help you get the desired color. Built Quality is remarkably good enough to fulfill your need, so durability isn’t any concern regarding this stethoscope. It has a Machined stainless-steel chest piece that can catch lower frequencies with ease.
It is acoustic, or you can call it a classic sensitive stethoscope. These are highly advantageous for Heart, Lung, and Blood Pressure Sounds.
- It comes with the Double-sided chest piece technology with enhanced Quality.
- It is a Machined stainless-steel chest piece for better frequencies response.
- Acoustic or classic sensitive stethoscope made for Heart, Lung, and Blood Pressure Sound.
- It comes in five different colors to help you grab the right color of choice with ease.
2. Dr. Morepen ST01 Deluxe Stethoscope
One of the most affordable choices from a reputed manufacturer is Dr. Morepen ST01 Deluxe Stethoscope. You may have seen that Dr. Morepen offers plenty of basic medical equipment that you should keep at home. All of them are affordable, and they have a genuine built quality to get the job fulfilled.
You are getting a compact-sized stethoscope that has a dual-frequency response for the enhanced hearing of heartbeat, lungs, and chest sound. Seamless PVC tubing ensures that you don’t get any interruption with sound, which will get you better sound every single time. Soft ear knobs are ensuring that you feel comfortable using the earpiece for long hours.
The only problem is with durability, but it is acceptable for the price you are paying.
- Built Quality is good enough to make you love the stethoscope; made up of PVC tubing.
- It comes with the Brass chrome plated open spring frame to reduce unwanted noise.
- Enhanced hearing feature with the dual frequencies allowing you to examine perfectly.
- Affordable price ensures that practitioners can grab it to learn and then move to an expensive one.
3. IndoSurgicals Silvery Stethoscope (Blue Color Tube)
As we mentioned that IndoSurgicals offer some of the great quality products for the affordable price point, that’s why you can love having Indosurgicals Silvery Stethoscope. This one is a bit affordable, and you are still getting the color choice to fulfill the need with ease. Having a lightweight stethoscope ensure that you get the comfort during the long use of a stethoscope.
Having Spare Diaphragm & Soft Ear Tips means you can use the right size, and if you feel wax collecting in the earpiece, then you can go with the spare units. It has Pvc ‘U’ Shaped Tube so that you get every single detail along with lower frequencies response, which will help examine patients in better manners.
Brand reputation can ensure the best purchase, that’s why you can rely on this unit without any doubt.
- Get better frequencies response with the help of Soft Sealing Ear tips.
- Better response for lower frequencies with the help of PVC ‘U’ Shaped Tube.
- It comes with the Spare Diaphragm & Soft Ear Tips to change the ear rubbers when needed.
- Lightweight stethoscope as it weighs only 400 grams, which are lower than most of the other choices.
4. Healthgenie Hg-203G Doctors Dual Al Stethoscope Deluxe (Gray)
In the section of lightweight and compact stethoscope for the affordable price point, Healthgenie Hg-203G Doctors Dual Al Stethoscope Deluxe holds the first spot. It might be our fourth product of choice, but it is good enough to compete against of first product of choice due to being a value for money deal.
Built Quality is always the key factor to consider where this product might not fulfill the need, and durability is a major concern here. However, you can still use the same for years without any issue. Learners can find it an effective choice, and the heavy-duty tubing is not going to create any issue. Considering the design and price, you can find it as a genuine choice for a short time.
- Listen to lower frequencies with the help of Aluminium chest piece.
- Earpieces are going to fit perfectly to get you proper insulation for enhanced listening.
- PVC tube has a good in-hand feel, and you won’t get any extra noise, even your touch the tube.
- Affordable price, along with genuine built Quality, ensures the longer durability of the same.
5. Rossmax Rappaport EB500 Stethoscope
With a number of positive reviews and genuine build quality, Rossmax Rappaport EB500 Stethoscope is a mid-range product to fulfill the need. It is a five in one stethoscope which has two-sided chest pieces for the better sound response to help you get enhanced frequencies response. The best part is, it comes with two years of warranty from the manufacturer. It ensures the premium build quality.
Design-wise, it is a great piece of choice with various features like two tubes for better frequency response. It also has a Proprietary valve mechanism which will come in handy and help you listen to details. Additional interchangeable chest pieces are included so that you can change the chest piece if you find any issue.
- The manufacturer is offering two years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- Extra earpiece tips added to match your specific needs and change when required.
- It has a Two-sided chest piece along with the latex-free twin-tube design for better response.
- Get enhanced listening to frequencies with the help of the Proprietary valve mechanism.
6. 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope
Most premium and the advanced stethoscope from the original Littmann is 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope. It is the most advanced and expensive stethoscope of choice with plenty of color choices to grab the right one of need. Outstanding acoustics with a better frequency range makes it a highly advantageous product of choice as compared to the other units, which ensure the best use.
Tunable diaphragm lets get better frequencies response by adjusting the pressure, which makes it easier for you to examine every single detail. Due to the high price, it is sure that 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope is mainly for professionals who focus on heart and lung treatment mainly. Last but not least key feature is adjustability with the headset for better comfort.
- Tunable diaphragm help listening high and low range frequencies by adjustment of pressure.
- Available in five different colors to let you choose the right one of need with ease.
- A headset is easy to adjust for better comfort and easier listening to sound frequencies.
- Lightweight product of choice as it weighs only 450 grams and has plenty of features.
7. MDF Instruments MDF Classic Cardiology Dual Head Stethoscope
Our next product of noise is also expensive but reliable for built quality and design. MDF Instruments MDF Classic Cardiology Dual Head Stethoscope has a latex-free design to reduce unwanted noise when you are working on lower frequencies. Adjusting the pressure will let you figure out lower and higher frequencies easily.
The only drawback is the high price, which ensures that this stethoscope is mainly manufactured for professionals. It is a lightweight stethoscope, so doctors don’t feel uncomfortable during a long shift. The policy of free parts for life is going to help you save money and replacing broken parts without any issue.
- Higher acoustic is sensitive to listen to air passing through lungs, heart sound, and other sounds also.
- It has soft ear knobs which are going to enhance sound quality by decreasing outer noise.
- Lifetime warranty and parts for life policy let you exchange broken parts for free.
- Handcrafted unit and MDF instruments are doing this since 1971, so you can rely on it.
8. JSB S04 Sprague Rappaport Type Double Tube Stethoscope
With the dual tube for a better frequency range, the JSB S04 Sprague Rappaport Type is a great choice. Manufacturing is offering both options; you can get the regular tube as well as double tube stethoscope to fulfill the need for an affordable price point. Learners can choose any of the models, but the double tube is advantageous and better for learners.
Built Quality isn’t an issue with this product because PVC material is used in manufacturing. The best thing is, it comes with a warranty to ensure the best purchase. Listening to minor detail is hard but not that much due to the insulation on your ear part, which makes it one of the reliable choices. Most of the practitioners will find it a genuine choice for a lower price and built Quality.
- The affordable stethoscope of choice for better frequency response with the double tube.
- Available in two different variants to let you fulfill the need without any issue.
- Designed for medical students who are in the learning stage; can be used in treatment also.
- It comes with a one-year JSB national warranty from the date of purchase to fulfill the need.
9. Micro Tone MSI Stethoscope (Black)
A mid-range product of choice is Micro Tone MSI Stethoscope, which comes for the genuine price as you consider the built Quality. It is Aluminum alloy anodized 45mm chest piece, which comes with a ten days replacement warranty; otherwise, most of the stethoscopes don’t come with any replacement warranty.
It is cheap, reliable, responsive to lower frequencies, and the in-hand feel is also good enough to rely on the deal. The overall weight of the stethoscope is 400 grams, which isn’t very light, but if you compare, then you will find it better from other ones. With this stethoscope, you are getting Aluminium alloy anodized, which are known for higher frequency ranges.
- The manufacturer is offering an extra unit of diaphragm & soft ear tips included in the box.
- 175Mm head frame, which is made up of 5mm thick pipe for better response to frequencies.
- It comes with ten days replacement and one year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Feel the comfort with the help of Extra soft tight sealing ear tube for quality use.
10. Hi-Tech Msi Microtone Stethoscope – Red
In the section of mid-range and genuine stethoscope, you can easily find the name of the Hi-Tech Msi Microtone Stethoscope. This red color stethoscope is made up of genuine quality material. With the help of aluminum alloy anodized chest piece, you feel the better response to lower frequencies, which can make things easier for sure.
The built Quality is genuine, and it is an imported stethoscope. The best thing about this stethoscope is, it is made up of 175Mm Head Frame, and there is 5Mm Thick Brass Pipe, which will fulfill the need in various manners. The best part is, most of the reviews are positive about this product, which can ensure the best use of the same. Getting the extra earbud is one of the major issues which might sound bad.
- Made up of 175Mm Head Frame, and the brass pipe is 5mm thick for quality use.
- It is an imported stethoscope made up of U-shaped PVC material for better Quality.
- Higher frequency response allowing you to get minor details, good for chest sound listening.
- The chest piece is also reliable because it is Aluminum Alloy Anodized 45Mm Chest Piece.
How does a stethoscope work?
Stethoscope work on a very simple mechanism as it has a chest piece connected to earpieces. When the chest piece is put on the chest area and applied some pressure then it catches insider frequencies and delivers through the hollow pipe to an earpiece.
How to use a Stethoscope?
In medical school, teachers will show you how to place a chestpeice and where to place. For heart, you have to place it with some pressure on left apart of chest whereas you place the chest piece in the right side of the chest to listen to air passing through the lungs. The earpiece will help you listen to a wide range of frequencies by adjusting the pressure.
Going through this list of top 10 stethoscopes and their built Quality, grabbing the best stethoscope of need will be an easy thing for the majority. In case you can’t sort out the right product of choice, then you can focus our buying guide.
Start by learning about types and then focus on additional features or perks offered by a manufacturer. This will be an easy thing, and you are able to get the product of choice without having a single issue.