Herbal medicine has been a part of the medical industry since medieval times. Ashwagandha is a herbal plant whose roots and berry are used in medical treatment. Used to cure various medical problems like anxiety, ADHD, tuberculosis, asthma, ashwagandha is used extensively to leverage health benefits.
Also used to reduces the inflammation and swelling in the body, ashwagandha is used to give a soothing and calming effect in the body. Its name means “the smell of a horse” thus it indicates the vigor and vitality of an individual.
The smell of ashwagandha resembles that of the sweat of the horse. Strengthening of the immune system in children and adults after disease as well as Curing the high-stress levels, the Indian ginseng helps to reduce the levels of cortisol by hindering the production of GABA, the neurotransmitter.
The healing effects of ashwagandha are numerous thus making it one of the most important herbs in ayurvedic medicines.
A Beginner’s Guide to Ashwagandha
The main ingredient for the nourishment and growth of the cells of our body is food. Enriching our cells and nerves with the required balanced diet is our responsibility towards sound health. The required minerals, vitamins help in establishing the biological system of our body and maintaining the biological clock of the body.
Including ashwagandha in our diet supplements the value of our diet. Either in the form of a capsule or in the raw form, mixed with honey or ghee as a powder, it helps in enhancing the power of ashwagandha. Not more than 1000 mg is recommended as per medical standards. Insomnia can be easily dealt with if ashwagandha is consumed along with a cup of hot milk before going to bed.
Not more than 12 grams of ashwagandha should be consumed in a day. For ashwagandha powder, the following amount of dosage must not be exceeded. For an infant not more than 250 mg of ashwagandha powder can be taken twice a day as a suspension in milk.
Adults can consume up to 3000 mg using milk before bedtime. Proper care must be taken during pregnancy as it must not exceed the levels of 2000 mg and care must take that it should be taken an hour before or a couple of hours after the meal.
Ashwagandha extracts are ten times more powerful than the powder. Hence the dosage can be reduced ten times to gain the same potency. For example, an infant should cap the consumption of ashwagandha extracts to 25 mg a day instead of 250 mg. Similarly, children in the age bracket of 4 to 10 must not exceed 75 mg of consumption of ashwagandha extracts.
Pregnant women must take proper care about the consumption levels as it must not exceed 200 mg a day. The mode of intake should be with milk, twice daily.
Here is a list of the 10 Best Ashwagandha Supplements in India.
1. Himalaya Wellness Pure Herbs Ashvagandha General Wellness
Coping up with the daily stress and mental tension has become one of the major challenges. Health is wealth and sound health conditions help in leveraging the output and efficiency of a person. It has marked an improved effect on metabolic activities and is also referred to as Indian ginseng, which works perfectly as an anti-pathogen.
The tablets can be consumed twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. One trend that has been observed is, if taken at an appropriate age, it helps in augmentation of height, if consumed with proper exercise and yoga.
- Health supplement for general well-being and fitness
- The balance between the nervous and endocrine system is well maintained
- It is unisexual, hence can be used for both genders.
- Nervine tablet, but can be used as a multivitamin.
- One pack contains 60 tablets, hence lasts for one month
- Fit for all age groups, other than children and teenagers.
2. Healthvit Natural Ashwagandha Powder 100g
Ayurveda is the form of medication which has been the brainchild of Indian soil. With one of the highest potency to cure ailments as well as breakthrough discoveries, it is still the most reliable source of medication. Ashwagandha is the cure for most of the biggest problems in the healthcare industry like blood sugar, blood pressure, anxiety and many more.
Healthvit is a completely ayurvedic product made of natural herbs without any artificial contamination. Easy to use without any hassle and can be used by any gender without any harmful effects.
- Not to be used by lactating mothers and child-bearing women.
- People under the age of 18 years are prohibited from using the product
- Not advised to take during the gym with water. Works best with warm milk.
- It can be used till 24 months after the manufacturing date.
- For weight gain, use it with milk to gain positive results.
3. Jain Ashwagandha (Withaniasomnifera) Powder
Jain Ashwagandha, a revitalized, and rejuvenator, helps in sustaining the proper health of a person overdue time as well as grow his metabolism. A purely natural and organic product helps in developing the immune system and in supporting the nervous system improves the functioning of the brain nerves.
The suggested dosage by a doctor is 5 gm to be taken twice a day, with warm milk. Being an aphrodisiac, it intends to improve the stamina of the person.
- The metabolic imbalance is reduced in the body
- Mind and body is stabilized, thus increasing the stamina and concentration
- Anti-biotic in nature, if consumed regularly under proper prescription.
- The storage area should be a cool dry place, not under the direct sunlight. Works well under normal temperature.
- Not intended to increase the height or weight of the person after the growth age is over.
- Improves the sleep pattern of a person, thus helps in regulating the functioning of the pituitary gland.
4. CARMEL ORGANICS Ashwagandha Powder
The immune system is the most important defense army of the body. The regulation and proper functioning of the immune system helps in combatting against the diseases and take proper care of the body.
The supply of anti-oxidants in the body help in improving the metabolism of the body as well as improve the efficiency of the immune system. Revitalization of the body functions helps to maintain the biological clock of the body as well as support the system during crisis situations.
Carmel Organics is a pure and natural ayurvedic product that is aimed to increase the efficiency of the functions of the body. Consumption is preferred in the evening time and 2-6 grams are enough for the day. Pregnant women need to consult their respective doctors before consumption as it affects the endocrine system
- Helps in gaining the muscles, if taken proper diet and workout.
- Purity enhanced, as it is made from pure organic roots.
- Digestion is improved as the digestive system’s functioning is taken complete care.
5. Baidyanath Ashwagandha Churna
Age is the biggest deterrent in the happiness of life. With age comes the host of diseases that needs to be addressed. Baidyanath Ashwagandha Churna is a product of Herbs India Private Limited, which is aimed to prevent the age from becoming a problem for you.
The product is aimed at keeping your health safe and sound by driving away from the weakness of your body. Nervous disintegration with age is one of the biggest problems. It helps in regulating the nervous system as well as the blood circulation in the body.
It is termed as the oldest and the most trusted ayurvedic medicine that has continuously evolved itself with the test of the time and requirements of the patient.
- Works perfectly when used with cow milk or warm water.
- The product can be used across all the age groups.
- It helps in regulating the sleep cycle and physical well-being.
- Half teaspoon serving twice daily is good for biochemical balance in the body
6. Just Jaivik Organic Ashwagandha Powder
Just Jaivik Organic Ashwagandha Powder is a pure ayurvedic medicine that is free from any chemical contamination. One of the differentiating points about Just Jaivik Organic Ashwagandha Powder is it is free from any pesticide thus making it a completely organic compound.
Extreme care is taken during the manufacturing of the product, thus making it completely smooth in texture and free of gluten. Being a highly reverend brand, ashwagandha is used by a large number of masses and is accepted as one of the major adaptogens among the people.
Best health supplements and dietary products, the consumption is regarded to be an important ingredient for the healthy metabolic system.
- Consumption with warm water is recommended. The best form of consumption is with warm milk and honey.
- With the help of yoga and exercise, height growth can be achieved, if within the growing age.
- Made of organic roots of ashwagandha
7. ASHWAGANDHA 60 CAPSULES BOTTLE – Organic India
ASHWAGANDHA 60 CAPSULES BOTTLE – Organic India is the ultimate medicine that can help you lead a stress-free life as well as maintain the biological balance out of your busy schedule of life.
Giving a boost to your strength, stamina, and vitality, ASHWAGANDHA 60 CAPSULES BOTTLE, a product of organic India is strictly the purest form of medicine that will enhance the efficiency and performance of your life.
Health is the most important factor in anyone’s life, hence proper medication using the right dosage of ayurvedic medicines and organic products will help to alleviate the health disorders.
- It can be taken across all the age groups without any restrictions.
- Made of pure Withania Somnifera roots, thus the organic content is assured.
- Good for thyroid patients as it helps to reduce the mood swings and control the appetite.
- It helps to reduce anxiety to a large extent.
- Pregnant women need to consult with their physician before using the tablets.
8. Morpheme Remedies Ashwagandha WithaniaSomnifera Pure Extract
The immune system is the most important mechanism of the body, which if malfunctions, then causes the entire breakdown of the system. Morpheme Remedies Ashwagandha WithaniaSomnifera Pure Extract is an organic product that is aimed at reducing hypertension and increasing the efficiency of the immune system.
It is made of pure chemical-free substance, which contains antioxidants that help in improving the efficiency of the immune system. It is a complete vegetarian capsule that is made to be used across all the spectrums of the Indian population.
In a box, 60 capsules are present. Two capsules need to be taken daily to experience the proper functioning of the capsules. Stress management is done by rejuvenating the functioning of body activities and calming the nerves during anxious situations.
- One of the best medications for working professionals who have a busy schedule in their life.
- Restlessness and anxiety is cured after the medication is done properly
- Stamina and physical health are reported to have improved over the usage of it.
9. Divine India Ashwagandha Capsules
Divine India Ashwagandha Capsules, a product of Divine India, comes in a pack of 60 capsules that help in nourishing and stabilizing your nervous system. The neurons can be medically made more active, thus increasing the power of your brain cells and neurons. This is a very good product for aging people as it helps in reducing the nervous breakdowns.
It can be taken along with your diets. Other than calming your nerves, it helps in fighting against fatigue and combating the stress and tiredness in life. The mood swings can be controlled as the psychological well being is also taken care of.
- Plays no role in increasing the height of a person
- Helps to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of a person
- Purely indigenous product made of natural roots of the plant
- Value for money product.
10. Patanjali Ashwagandha Churna
Patanjali Ashwagandha Churna is an organic product from one of the most profitable brands of India, Patanjali. Used as a wide product in homes, Patanjali Ashwagandha Churna is a purely organic ashwagandha product which is aimed to increase the health and well being of the person.
With age, comes the problems of anxiety, but this product helps in giving a soothing effect and clearing up of the nervousness. It comes in packs of 100 tablets which needs to be regularly taken to get the full benefits of the tablet.
- It can be used across any age group.
- Is a purely vegetarian product, thus can be used across a wide spectrum of the population
- It can help in an increase of height only till 18 years if combined with proper exercise, yoga, and diet.
Ashwagandha Health Benefits You Should Know
Used to control anxiety, hypertension, and stress, multiple studies have concluded that the use of ashwagandha helps these symptoms. The chemical effects of the plant help in controlling panic attacks and hypertension.
Insomnia has become one of the potent problems in the current generation. In order to combat insomnia, a lot of therapeutically accepted drugs have been used, but people are less aware of the benefits of ashwagandha in curing insomnia due to its anti-aging effects which induce sleep in an individual.
Keratosis, the dryness of skin, can be cured by a disciplined dosage of three grams of ashwagandha mixed with water twice, daily.
One of the biggest problems of the growing population is hair loss. As age increases, the deadliest nightmare of hair loss creates a lot of wrong steps to stop it. Herbal cure for hair loss is ashwagandha which helps in reducing hair loss by controlling the level of cortisol hormones.
Shield to the brain cells and nerves
Ashwagandha acts as a miraculous herb in protecting the cells of the brain and nerves. Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease are two of the mental degenerative diseases which everyone needs to fear. Synapse reconstruction by axon regeneration and dendrite reformation helps in combating the psychological disorders thus helping in the normal growth of the brain cells.
Immunity enhancement of the body
The immune level of the body increases manifold on the consumption of ashwagandha roots due to the anti-bacterial properties of ashwagandha. Even the blood sugar level is kept in check as the control for sugar consumption is initiated by the use of ashwagandha.
Keeping your heart healthy
The increasing rates of heart failure is always a growing concern among middle-aged professionals. More due to the living style of the people, the increasing ailments of heart need to be regulated, checked and given proper care.
Ashwagandha’s herbal properties help in reducing the problem as it increases the blood circulation in the body, thus making the blood thinner and easy to flow. Cholesterol levels are kept in check thus helping the blood pressure to remain normal.
Health Risks and Side-Effects
Excessive consumption of ashwagandha might reverse the effects for which it is consumed. For example, the uncontrolled use of ashwagandha would result in hypotension, thus lowering the blood sugar level beyond normal minimum levels.
Avoiding ashwagandha during pregnancy is suggested by many doctors as it increases the levels of hormones in our body, thus inhibiting the development of the baby in a fetus. Cases of intestinal ulcers have been reported over time upon excessive consumption of ashwagandha as well as diseases like sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis can also evolve.
The central nervous system is affected by consumption as it reduces the reaction time of the CNS, hence proper care must be taken to avoid ashwagandha at least two weeks before the surgery. It impedes the effect of anesthetics on the patient. An increase in the levels of the thyroid has been observed in multiple cases, hence caution is to be executed over time to check the consumption levels of ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha is an indigenous product that helps in stabilizing the metabolic functioning of the body as well as improving the health conditions. Both physical and psychological health is an important part of the daily routines of our life.
Hence, to strike a proper balance between them, the ayurvedic products of Ashwagandha are necessary and we hope 10 Best Ashwagandha Supplements in India helps in achieving the required balance of health.
Don’t miss some other similar products available at the market right now:
- Consult an expert before use.
- Ashwagandha is a powerful aphrodisiac Ashwagandha tablet gives power to the nervous system and controls minor hypertension
- Ashwagandha has powerful antioxidant properties .
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Ashwagandha is a renowned ayurvedic herb that can act as both a tonic and a sedative.
- 100% Pure and Natural herbs in powder form .
- 100% Pure & Natural Product
- Indication : Stress, Peacefull sleep, Stamina
- It is recommended for both men & women
- Storage : Store in cool & dry place away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate
- .Suggested Dosage : 3 gms - 5 gms twice daily or as directed by the physician
- Made in India
- It is 80 mesh filtered
- It helps to Gain strength
- May help to increase engery, stamin, vitality and strength
- Natural, pure, organic powder with optimum safety and efficacy
- Helps to stimulate Immune system
- May nourish nervous system and keeps the mind calm
- Dosage: Take 3 gms powder, 1 to 2 times a day